Usage: Although there are lots of ways you can use the programs, the intended purpose is to allow a trader to sell and distribute their Excel based trading signals to subscribers in real time.
Example: When a specific cell’s value of your excel workbook changes, it will also instantly change in your subscriber’s workbook in real time.
Overview: In addition to trading profits, another source of income for any trader with a trading system is to sell your trading signals to others who are willing to pay you for Entry/Exit signals of your trading system. One difficulty to overcome is how to distribute your signals to your subscribers. ExcelTrader Subscription Manager Host (ET Host) allows you to instantly send the value of any cell in your Excel workbook to any subscriber’s Excel workbook. Unlike some other solutions for distributing trading signals, you keep 100% of the fee that you collect from your subscribers. There are no third parties, you maintain full control and subscribers you have authorized connect directly to your Server. You can assign each user a unique group of cells from which to receive live data, trading signals etc.
There are two separate programs: ExcelTrader Subscription Host Manager and the Client Application (ET Host) and ExcelTrader Client Application (ET Client). ET host is used by the person who will distribute Excel data to subscribers. ET Host is used by subscribers so that they can receive live data/signals from the Host.
Immediately after checking out by clicking the Buy Now button below, you will receive your registration key.
ExcelTrader subscription Manager Host Instructions (ET Host):
In order for subscribers to receive your trading signals a port must be opened on your router. Below are the step to open a port and verify that it’s open and configured properly before attempting to run ET host.
- Find and click on your router in the list on portforward.com
- The first page that comes up is an advertisement. On the top right of the page click “Click here to skip this advertisement”.
- The next page will show a long list of programs, but instead click on the default guide link located in the text… “If you do not see the program you are forwarding ports for, be sure to visit our Default Guide for this router”
- You can use any available port, if you don’t know what to use try port 1026.
- follow the guide and then verify that the port is open using portforward’s port Checking tool. (ET Host won’t work unless the port checking tool shows that the port is open. )
Fortunately your subscribers don’t have to do anything at all regarding ports!
ET Host Setup:
- Download and Install ExcelTrader subscription Host Manager.
- Click on the new ET host icon located on your desktop to open the program.
- Click on the server tab, enter the port number you used in steps 1-5, press Save.
- You’ll need an excel file from which to distribute data/trading signals etc. For testing purposes however you can use this simple file named TestData.xls. This simple file places a random number in cell a1 every second. The purpose of this file is for testing purposes only and I’ll use if for this setup example.
- Click on the Groups tab, press the New button.
- Enter a Three Digit group ID of your choosing.
- Use a descriptive name for the Group Name. This group will contain a specific group if cells that you will assign.
- Enter the exact path of the excel file you will use to distribute live data. In this example the file path is C:\TESTDATA.xls
- Next press “Show Sheets” and wait a moment for the workbook’s worksheets to populate the Sheets drop down menu
- From the Sheets dropdown menu, select the sheet that will contain the trading signals or data that you will share with subscribers.
- Press Add, and enter an ID and Cell and press Save. For example the ID can be any three digit ID and the Cell should be the exact cell that should be available to the group. Repeat this for every cell that you want to be available to the group.
- When you have added all the cells to the group, press Add. This will close the “Groups of Cells” window and you will be back to the groups tab.
- The next step is to add users: click on the “User” tab
- Click the “New” button.
- Fill in at least the require field for adding a new user. The required fields are UserID, Alias, Username and Password.
- Press “Add”
- The next step is to associate Users with your Groups. This is where you have flexibility of assigning specific users various groups of cells. Click on the “Users/Groups” tab.
- On the left, you will see a list of Users.
- Double Click on any user so that the “Add group” button becomes available. Next press the “Add Group” button.
- Highlight the group that you want to add and then press the “Select” button
- Click on the group you wish to assign to the user and the Select button will become available. Click on the Select button.
- Next Click on the “Documents” tab. You will see the excel file listed there.
- Press “Open” and the excel file will open.
- If you using TestData.xls for testing purposes, press the start button located on sheet 1.
- Click on the Control Panel tab and press “Start Listening”. Now setup is complete and any user with the username and password that you assigned them can log in and receive data.
- On the server settings, press “get my public ID”. This will be the IP address that your subscribers will need to enter in step three of the Subscriber Application Instructions along with the port number. Alternatively you can use the free “NO-IP free” service from no-ip.com to obtain a URL to give subscribers instead of and IP address.
ExcelTrader Subscriber Application Instructions (ET Client):
- Download and Install ExcelTrader Subscriber Application.
- Create or Choose an Excel Workbook that you would like to use to receive data from your Host.
- Click on the Server Tab and enter either the URL or IP address give to you by your host. Be sure to select URL or IP address correctly.
- Enter the Port number give to you by your host.
- Click on the “Login” tab and enter the User Name and Password given to you by your Host.
- Press Login
- Click on the “Groups” tab and press “New”
- Enter any three digit group ID. You can start with 001 for example.
- Next enter the full path of the Excel File you will use to receive data. Make sure that the Excel file is closed.
- Press “Show Sheets”, after a few moments the sheets in the workbook will be available from the drop down menu. Choose the Sheet that you would like to receive data.
- Click on the “Available Groups” tab, this will be the first time that you will notice the connection to your host. You will see a list of groups that your Host has made available to you. Choose the group and press add.
- Each cell that your Host has made available for the group will appear. Edit each one so that you choose a Cell in your workbook to receive data. When complete press the Add button.
- Next click on the “Open Files” tab, highlight the excel file and press Open. Now the workbook will open and you will see live data from your host coming into the cells that you have chosen within your Excel workbook.